1) What is a Security Alarm System?
An alarm system is an electronic device installed in a vehicle in an attempt to discourage theft of the vehicle itself, its contents, or both. Car alarms work by emitting high-volume sound (usually a siren, the vehicle's own horn, or a combination thereof) when the conditions necessary for triggering are met, as well as by flashing some of the vehicle's lights, and (optionally) notifying the car's owner via a paging system and interrupting various electrical circuits necessary for the car to start.
2) Will the alarm drain my vehicle’s battery life?
ZMC Alarm Systems are designed in consideration of low electricity consumption so as to allow vehicle to perform at its best. ZMC alarm systems will not affect the vehicle’s battery life. Do you know? Low powered amplifiers uses up to 10 times electricity than a normal alarm.
3) If I lose my remote controller, can I purchase a replacement?
Yes you are able to do so at our customer service dealer at Soon Lee Audio House.
4) Why purchase from the ZMC and not parallel importers?
5) What is a two way Car Alarm System?
ZMC is the exclusive sole authorized distributor
of SPY and Zenesis merchandises in Singapore and has vast expertise and knowledge with alarm systems. We ensure that we deliver every function available. Dealers carrying our alarm systems are under strict surveillance so that high quality and reliability is achieved at all times. On the other hand, based on customer’s feedback, parallel importers faced problems in fixing the alarm systems - taking up admirable amount of time and moreover, not giving customers all the essential features of the alarm system. Providing value added services, ZMC guarantee all customers 1 year warranty
off all alarm systems. Warranty for remote transmitter is valid for 1 month.
Two way in this respect refers to real time two way communication between the user and vehicle. For instance, the user can communicate with his vehicle via a remote transmitter and the vehicle will notify the user in an event of any theft or unauthorized act to the vehicle.
6) Why are my remote transmitter batteries draining so quickly?
- A LCD remote transmitter will last you an average of 2 to 3 weeks on Alkaline Batteries. Maximum up to a month.
7) What is an immobilizer?
- A non-LCD remote transmitter will last you an average of 12-15 months on Alkaline Batteries.
- An average charge of remote transmitters will take 1-2 hours. Once LED indicator on charger turns green, your remote is completely charged. Overcharging of remote will result in batteries to drain quickly.
An immobilizer is an electronic device fitted to an automobile which prevents the engine from running unless the correct key with the same code on the immobilizer is present. This prevents the car from being hotwired after entry has been achieved. The Immobilizer prevents the engine from remote start.
8) What is the average lifespan of a one way car alarm remote batteries?
Allowing consumers to enjoy remote start feature, ZMC offers 3 solutions to the bypass immobilizer.
- Temporary replacement of immobilizer chip
- Purchasing a ZMC Bypass box kit
- Purchasing a Fortin programmable bypass box.
A non-LCD remote transmitter will last you an average of 12-15 months on Alkaline Batteries.
9) Will an existing immobilizer system have any implication to install a one way alarm system?
Without a doubt, an immobilizer system does not have any implication to integrate with a one way alarm system.
10) How does a GSM/GPS alarm function?
Unlike any Two Way Alarm System, the GSM/GPS alarm is running on the GSM technology. Communication to your vehicle is via your cell phone and likewise should there be any theft like incident to your vehicle, you will be notified immediately via your programmed mobile phone.
11) What is the difference between GSM/GPS and Two way Alarm System?
Basically, the technology difference - GSM is running on the GSM network whereas Two Way, on FM Frequency. Theoretically, all features are similar but here, the GSM runs on wider and longer distance communication. Being in different countries, you can communicate with your vehicle at ease.
12) Can I adjust the sensitivity of the Microwave Sensor?
Yes of course. The Microwave Perimeter Sensor is designed for drivers to easily adjust the sensitivity via a screw knob. Turning anti-clockwise will lessen the sensitivity and clockwise will increase the sensitivity.
13) Can the Push Start System be integrated with any alarm system?
14) Can the module be installed on any vehicle?
Affirmative - Majority of our customers do bundle the Push Start System with our Alarm System at a bundled price. Contact ZMC
for more insights on the bundle.
Only Vehicles with the Auto Fold Motor System can install the Auto Fold Module. Simply check with your respective car agents should you wish to have the Auto Fold Motor System in place first before in placing the Auto Fold Module.
15) What is a Parking Sensor System?
Parking sensors are proximity sensors for road vehicles which can alert the driver to unseen obstacles during parking manoeuvres. Parking sensor systems use ultrasonic proximity detectors embedded in the front and/or rear bumpers, to measure the distances to nearby objects at low level. The sensors measure the time taken for each sound pulse to be reflected back to the receiver.
16) How does the Flip up module work?
Depending on the speed of the vehicle and the distance to the obstacle, the system will warn the driver by visual and/or audible means about the risk of collision. The feedback to the driver will generally indicate the direction and proximity of the obstacle. Warnings are deactivated when the vehicle exceeds a certain speed, and can be switched off for situations such as stop-and-go traffic.
The Module will flip up when driver engages to reverse gear instantly.
17) What is soundproof and how can it benefit me?
Soundproofing is any means of reducing the sound pressure with respect to a specified sound source and receptor (noise control). There are several basic approaches to reducing sound: increasing the distance between source and receiver, using noise barriers to block or absorb the energy of the sound waves, using damping structures such as sound baffles, or using active anti-noise sound generators.
18) What is a Solar Film?
Soundproofing affects sound in two different ways: noise reduction and noise absorption. In a automobile, soundproofing materials reduces noises from the external road conditions and additionally ensures audio plug and play music and sounds stays compacted within the vehicle.
Solar Film is an alternative to using tinted and reflective glass. It is a thin, flexible, transparent film that enhances a single pane. Film can be applied to almost any glazed fixture that has a frame.
ZMC recommends its house brand, X-ray Solar Film.